Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a rich and gooey dessert that you won’t believe is this easy to make!
Apple pie filling, yellow cake mix, and chopped pecans combine into a buttery rich dessert that tastes like it came from the kitchen of a master chef.
The beauty of a dump cake is that you can easily substitute other fruit fillings based on what you like, or just to experience several luscious varieties.
Whatever fruit filling you use, your dump cake will always be a crowd-pleaser!
I made this for my Hubby – he loved it! – especially with vanilla ice cream on top.
So then he asked me to make it again for his elderly mother last weekend. We brought her a whole cake and the Cool Whip to put on top.
Now he wants me to make it with cherry pie filling instead of apple. Should I add the caramel sauce or omit it? And if I omit it, should I put something else in its place!
2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
1/2 (11 ounces) bag caramel bits (found in the baking section by the chocolate chips)
1 (15 ounces) box yellow cake mix
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Spread both cans of apple pie filling onto the bottom of your prepared dish.
3. Sprinkle about half of the bag of caramel bits evenly over the top of the pie filling.
4. Evenly distribute the dry cake mix over top.
5. Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix covering as much of it as you can.
6. Bake uncovered in the center rack for 30-40 minutes or until the buttery cake mix turns a deep golden brown.
7. Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Don’t forget to share this great recipe with your Facebook friends!!
Save it for later in Pinterest.
Like it? Share it!